Why Do People in Missouri Like Using Propane?
Propane is an abundant, safe, efficient and clean power source.
More people—in Missouri and around the country—choose propane as their fuel of choice because it is affordable, efficient and versatile. This American-made, clean energy resource can be used to power appliances inside and outside your home—safely and efficiently. And there’s plenty of propane to go around!
Why Choose Propane?
Here are five propane benefits that make Missourians feel good about using propane as their main source of energy:
- Efficiency/Affordability – Propane appliances typically reduce energy costs, delivering better value and comfort than electric heating sources.
- Safety – The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) enforces strict rules about propane handling, so few accidents occur each year. Propane is also nontoxic so fuel storage tanks can be safely installed underground.
- Clean and Green Energy Source – Propane is considered the cleanest fossil fuel, emitting far less greenhouse gas than most other energy sources.
- Versatility – Propane can fuel just about any system, whether it’s inside your home or in your backyard.
- Abundant and Made in the U.S.A – All of the propane consumed in the U.S. is produced in North America. Every gallon you buy contributes to America’s energy independence. Abundant supply in the U.S. allows propane customers ample opportunity to ensure that they’ll always have enough on hand for winter heating needs.
Propane by the Numbers
Approximate number of Missouri households that are heated by propane.
Average number of propane gallons a Missouri household uses per year.
Missouri ranks 12th in the nation for propane consumption.
Converting to Propane
If you’re thinking about expanding your use of propane, converting to propane for new appliances or switching to propane as your primary energy source, please contact your local propane company to learn more about your options.
Beyond the Home
More businesses are using propane Autogas to fuel their vehicles, instead of more expensive diesel or gasoline. Propane is the third most popular auto fuel.