Propane is one of the most energy-efficient fuels around
Missourians who use propane save money, feel comfortable and help the environment
From energy-efficient tankless water heaters to stylish stainless-steel appliances, home propane equipment provides exceptional performance at a very affordable cost.
One of the hottest products these days is a propane tankless water heater—many are Energy Star rated. Down the road, you can expect to see more technological advances becoming widespread, including micro-combined heat and power (micro-CHP) systems that enable a furnace to be combined with a generator to heat a home and make electricity.
5 things to know about propane energy-efficiency
- Propane appliances typically reduce energy costs, delivering better value and comfort than other heating sources.
- Propane burns hotter and more efficiently than many other energy sources.
- Propane gas furnaces produce much higher indoor air temperatures than their electric counterparts, keeping your home warm during bitter-cold Missouri winters.
- Propane heats water quickly and efficiently for your shower and bath, as well as for your dishwasher, washing machine, spa tub and pool.
- Propane is more efficient than electricity when evaluating the total energy consumed, including the energy consumed in the extraction, production, processing and transportation of the fuel to the point of use. Based on this analysis, propane is 87% efficient and electricity is 32% efficient.
Propane – the more you know, the happier you’ll be using it! Contact your local propane company in Missouri to learn how you can use this efficient fuel to your best advantage!
Take the Propane Home Tour
Walk through a beautiful propane home at the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri. With propane power and propane appliances throughout, this home’s owners will be able to enjoy the propane lifestyle of comfort, efficiency and independence every day.