8 Home Design Trends for 2020
If you’re building or renovating a home, there are many home design trends you’ll want to consider when making decisions. You’ll want to make your space as comfortable and functional as possible for you or your homebuyer. As we kick off 2020, let’s take a look at some of the top home design trends that are leading the way into the new year.
Inspirational Design Trends for 2020
- Open Floor Plans – This trend continues into 2020. Homeowners desire large, open gathering places for their families and friends around their kitchen, dining and living room areas.
- Colored Cabinets – White is becoming less popular for kitchen cabinets, and color is coming in. Shades of gray and blue are finding their way onto cabinets and white is moving down to a solid, white-shaded, quartz or granite countertop.
- Simple Bathrooms – Simplistic, clean bathroom designs are on-trend, often including tile from floor to ceiling in walk-in showers and a large, comfortable stand-alone tub.
- Statement Wallpaper – Bold colors and patterns can really make a statement in small rooms or on accent walls.
- Accent Tile – Patterned tile on the floors of bathrooms or on the backsplash of kitchen counters looks great against simple-styled cabinets and hardware. It can be good for accent shelves in showers as well.
- Floating Shelves – One or two floating shelves in a kitchen can give a smaller space a larger feel.
- Modern Farmhouse – The farmhouse look continues to trend with a modern twist. Dark wood, white walls, black hardware fixtures along with accent tile and clean lines create stunning rooms that appeal to a variety of buyers.
- Smart Homes – Continuing the upward trend, automated systems are increasingly in demand to control the temperature, lights and security features in homes.
Take the Propane Home Tour to see more design trends in action. You’ll also see how propane home appliances can be incorporated into a beautiful new home build to improve performance, efficiency and comfort.